If our district wants to attract and retain teachers, a 1% raise will not get that done. It’s time to stand up and speak out!
Please do the following in support of our current contract negotiations:
- MARCH 29 – APRIL 1: Email school board members by Friday, April 1, in advance of our April 6 bargaining session. See below for email addresses and talking points. It’s best to send from a personal email address.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 1: Wear your ETA shirt
- TUESDAY, APRIL 12
- Wear your ETA shirt
- Attend the rally before the school board meeting
- Speak at the school board meeting
- Stand in solidarity with members who are speaking
Talking points (more info on our Bargaining page)
- Teachers and staff have worked extremely hard over the last two years. We have been there when our students and our district have needed us.
- Attracting and retaining staff should be a priority, and a 1% increase will not do that.
- Cost of living and inflation continue to skyrocket.
- Share a personal story of how this has impacted you.